Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Dressing provocatively

Ok. I'm a little bit guilty of this one. 

Although, I don't feel guilty at all so...

What's the deal?

Ok, here's the basic breakdown:

I'm guilty of the act of dressing provocatively but I don't feel guilty about it.

Wow, I'm such a criminal! :P

I was just thinking today of why us girls are so drawn to the idea of dressing provocatively and I came up with a number of reasons:
1. To attract the attention of boys (or girls )
2. To look sexy
3. Because it's cool
4. Because it's the latest fashion and they're an avid fashion addict
5. Because it's too hot to wear anything else... 

...etc. etc. 

They're all pretty similar reasons to why people drink alcohol: everyone's got their own reason for doing it.

So I decided to give you my reason on why I do it.

I live by a very simple philosophy when it comes to my appearance: 

Dress in a way that makes you feel confident.

If you dress in clothes that you're comfortable in, that fit you, that reflect who you are and match your hair, skin, eyes, nails etc., it makes a huge difference to the way the world views you . You not only exude confidence but you also give the impression that you are educated and self-aware. 

Now let me link back this philosophy to why I dress provocatively:

It makes me feel confident.

I have the kind of body that isn't model skinny but is still toned enough to look good in tight dresses and high heels. And for your information, I can walk in those heels. Two years of dancing in them and weekly ballet classes have secured my ability to walk on toes with the unsteady support of a thin stick (which is essentially the art of walking on heels). I like wearing provocative clothes because it flatters my body and makes me feel confident. 

I guess there is a line that must be drawn when it comes to dressing provocatively such as attending church, funerals, bar mitzvahs etc. but I don't want to bore you with a list of dos and don'ts when it comes to dressing yourself because at the end of the day, you're a human being. You're a manifestation of intelligent, sentient life and you should be able to decide by observation and intuition what is appropriate to wear when.

And I'm also assuming that you, as an intelligent male specimen of the human race, can also learn to decide how to appropriately act around a girl who is dressed provocatively. Remember: you can't control what you feel but you can control what you do. 

So the bottom line is: there's nothing wrong with dressing provocatively (in my opinion at least), just make sure you use common sense. 

No comments:

Post a Comment